Sunday 29 April 2018

Diary- Week 2


Week 2

Day 8

Today, I started off by finishing the rest of my artist research. Like I said on Friday, I left one of my artist research, due to being bored of doing them! So today, I started off by finishing off this. This took me a while to get into, because I just find this part of the project extremely boring!! So this took me to about lunchtime.
I then started a questionnaire, which will allow me with my research. The reason behind doing this questionnaire, is because I wanted to see what my target audience thought about my ideas, what countries they liked, and any opinions they had on what I could include inside my magazine. I asked some of my friends that were in their first year of University, a friend that was in college, a friend that has took a gap year before going University, my boyfriend who took the apprenticeship route and my sister who is 23 and has just finished University.

Day 9

Today, I started to create design ideas that could become possible outcomes to develop. I used Photoshop to create these images, as I felt like this would help show my ideas more clearly and obviously would be more realistic. I used photographs that I personally thought were better quality, as I need to make sure that the cover photo is too a professional standard. And of course, like I stated in my statement of intent, I need to make sure I keep to minimal front cover, as this is what I want my inside to be like.

Day 10 and 11

As stated in my week 1 diary entry, Wednesday and Thursday are my day's off, so I mainly work both of these days. Therefore, when I had a free moment I completed my magazine layout annotations so that they were all done and completed. This allowed me to start thinking forward, and thinking about general layouts for my final magazine.

Day 12

Today, I started doing design ideas for the way my magazine was going to fold out. Therefore, I did some quick sketches of 5 different ways and annotated around it with pro's and con's. This allowed me to reflect on my work, and see which one is more beneficial to my magazine. I did mini prototypes and stuck them down besides each mini diagram, which allowed me to easily show how they would be folded out, and also how they function. From doing it, I decided that the simple 'open like a book' would be better suited for my target audience and style of magazine. This is because I don't want my magazine to be awkward to hold if it kept folding out, and also with it being a minimal magazine, I didn't want to over-complicate it. 

Day 14 and 15

As this is Saturday and Sunday, I always work both of these days too, which is a pain! So truthfully over this weekend I didn't do any college work. To be honest, I didn't even think of college in general. I think the reason behind this is because, I felt so drained and overwhelmed with stress from this project and having a part time job, that I just wanted to enjoy my spare time with family and friends. I think by doing this, it allowed me to gain a bit more energy, which will hopefully allow me to put 100% into my college work when I go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment